New Dates for Residency Verification:
Dear Parents and Guardians of SPMS,
As you are enjoying your summer break, it is time to begin the process for starting the new school year. This year, the annual Registration/Residency Verification process has changed. Starting July 18, all returning and new families must complete the Student Data Confirmation process, which includes viewing and verifying annual parental notifications and your child’s information online at my.spusd.net (click on Current Students-Parent Portal). Additionally, only parents of 7th grade students will need to verify residency and provide proof of TDAP vaccination. Parents of 6th and 8th grade students do not need to show proof of residency. Please see the details below to help assure a smooth start of the new school year.
Incoming 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students
Complete the Online Forms: Go to the parent portal at my.spusd.net and complete the online registration packet. Click on the "Current Students-Parent Portal” and on the "Student Data Confirmation Process Guide" link for directions. Please make sure to follow all the directions to complete the online, verification/updating process, which includes your acknowledgement of viewing the district’s required annual notifications to parents. If you have any questions, please call the "hotline" at 626-441-5810 ex. 1128. The parent portal will open beginning July 18th.
Incoming 7th Grade Students Only
- Attend Residency Verification:
- Residency verification will take place during the following times:
- July 26th and 28th (8:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
- July 27th (11:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
- August 10th and 11th (8:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
- Residency Verification will be held at the SPMS School Office.
- Please provide the following documents (One from each category):
- Category A
- Deed of Trust
- Mortgage Payment Receipt – dated within the past month
- Rental/Lease Agreement, listing all names of occupants (including children), and the name, address, telephone number and signature of landlord/management company
- Property Tax Bill – dated within the past year
- Closing Escrow Papers
- Category A
- Category B
- Utility Bill (Example: Southern California Edison, The Gas Company, Water Bill) – dated within the past month
- Cable/Internet Provider Bill: (Spectrum/Direct TV/Comcast) – dated within the past month
- Category C
- An additional Utility Bill (Different than what is provided in Category B) – dated within the past month
- Current Car Registration – dated within the past year
- Car Insurance Statement – dated within the past 6 months to 1 year
- Health Insurance Statement – dated within the past month
- Bank Statement (or signed letter on bank letterhead with the South Pasadena address) – dated within the past month
- Current Federal or State Tax Correspondence – dated within the past 6 months
- Parents of 7th Grade Students: If you have not already done so, please bring your TDAP vaccination information with you to the Residency Verification. State law requires that all students entering 7th through 12th grades must have the TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis) vaccine or a new waiver form before attending classes. If you do not provide documentation of having met this requirement, your child will not be allowed to register for or attend classes.
Student Supply Orders: This year, the school agenda has been generously donated to all students by a local business. School P.E. clothes and locks are optional but will be offered for sale during P.E. classes with dates to be announced. Items may be purchased online or with an order form to be posted in August on the school website. The Yearbook will also be available for purchase at the school website through a separate link.
Student Schedules will be handled out on the first day of school Wednesday, August 16th. Students’ first period class will be posted on Tuesday, August 15th, on the cafeteria window and students will receive the rest of their schedule in first period on Wednesday, August 16th. There will be a phone message and email sent out when the first periods are posted.
Please note: Students whose family have not completed online registration and/or families of 7th grade students who have not completed residency verification and provided TDAP vaccination documentation will not receive their schedules until they have done so. The SPMS office (Non-Summer School) will be closed for Summer Break until August 1st. Please contact the SPMS office starting August 1st if you have any questions.
I am hopeful the new process will be timesaving and beneficial for students, parents and staff. Please visit our website at tigerstripe.org regularly for updated information. I am looking forward to a great new school year.