Character Education via Project Wisdom
Project Wisdom is one of the oldest and most respected character education programs in the nation. Our program is currently licensed in over 17,000 schools nationwide. There are three key components to this nationally-recognized, proven-effective program that comprise our approach to character education. Each component supports the other.
For the Campus
Project Wisdom Library of Broadcast Messages
The centerpiece of the program is a library of thought-provoking, inspirational messages which are narrated over your PA or in-house television system. In just one minute a day, you can reach every student and every staff member with a few words of wisdom that uplift and encourage. We offer three series of proven-effective broadcast messages. Each series comes with a binder containing enough messages to narrate for an entire school year. Your whole campus will start the day on a positive note that encourages everyone to do and be their personal best.
For the Classroom
Project Wisdom Educator Resource Site (ERS)
You will receive a schoolwide, one-year subscription to our highly-rated ERS. Every teacher on your campus will have access to quality classroom materials that help students develop core ethical values and social-emotional competencies. These materials include lesson plans, weekly journals, and more. This site has been called one of the best character education sites available.
"Just For You" Morale Boosters
Each registered user of the ERS will receive a weekly morale booster written just for educators and delivered by email. Teachers, counselors, and administrators love receiving this weekly inspiration.
Project Wisdom encourages students to reflect upon the meaning of civic and personal values and the application of those values in their daily lives. Our data indicate reductions in discipline referrals as well as strong improvements in teacher morale, school climate, and social-emotional competencies. Current evidence suggests that good character education raises student grades and test scores.
Key Findings From Evaluation
- Decreases incidents of student teasing and/or bullying.
- Decreases discipline referrals to the office.
- Affects the school climate in a positive way.
- Has a positive impact on teacher morale.
- Increases students' self awareness, social awareness, self management, relationship skills, and responsible decision making.
- Stimulates student conversation about character issues.
Key Findings from Educator Resource Site Evaluation
- 99% indicate they enjoy receiving the weekly morale boosters.
- 92% indicate they enjoy reading the Teacher Story.
- 91% indicate they enjoy the special-topic ERS broadcast messages.
- 97% indicate an overall satisfaction with this online service.
- 96% of all principals indicated they would recommend this site.
- Materials offered on the ERS are being used in advisory, homeroom, and character education classes; in the discipline process; during counseling sessions and other academic classes.